Tuesday 20 October 2009

MacPorts Reference

I use MacPorts to install a lot of development software: latest Python versions, MySQL, MongoDB, etc. And I can never recall the various port commands, so I'm listing the ones I use here:

Update MacPorts: sudo port selfupdate

Search for a port: port search port_name

Install a new port: sudo port install port_name

List a port's variants: sudo port variants port_name

Install a new variant port: sudo port install port_name +variant_name

List installed ports: port installed

List outdated ports: port outdated

Update outdated ports: sudo port install outdated

Clean up temp files: sudo port clean --all installed

Delete old install versions: sudo port -f uninstall inactive

They're the ones I use the most. Anyone suggest others that are handy?

No comments: